PIRATE COVE RESORT, the largest and busiest waterfront dining resort on the Colorado River between Laughlin and Lake Havasu, is seeking an Executive Sous Chef for its fast paced and high-volume restaurant/bar. This professional and experienced Sous Chef will create 5-Star Food Presentations with unique and artistic designs. For candidates who enjoy a “private life”, note that our dinner house facility’s latest closing time is 10:00 PM.
We are looking for a detail oriented and positive team player with exceptional guest service skills. You must have a passion for delivering an unprecedented guest experience through hospitality and the highest standards of food quality. The environment is upbeat, fun and our customers appreciate life on the river and/or off-roading on the adjacent 3,200 miles of BLM trails.
Bring us your Creativity and Award-Winning Culinary Artistry!
- 7+ years of Executive or Sous Chef experience.
- Flexible schedule including availability some evenings, weekends and holidays. (Again, Pirate Cove is not a nightclub; we serve lunch and dinner and close no later than 10:00 PM.)
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management.
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Familiarity with industry’s best practices.
- Assist in the preparation and design of all food menus.
- Produce high quality plates both in design, taste, portion and consistency.
- Ensure the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our volume and quality standards.
- Recruit, manage and train kitchen staff, establish staff schedules and assess staff performances.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately and in compliance with food cost control goals.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
The work is full-time.
Compensation – Open Based on Experience
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION